First of all, congratulations to Momochan and Master Yoda for being the new (double) centers!
So here goes my thoughts.
1. Actually I’m a bit relieved the moment I knew that it would be another wCenter again. So the possibility of someone’s “last single” is getting lower.
2. I had a feeling that some of 3rd gen members would be chosen as senbatsu. But I didn’t expect they would be in center position.
3. I was scared that Minami will be dropped again to under member. The announcer didn’t say her name until 3rd row fully filled by other members. But I’m glad that she is in the 2nd row.
4. Ikuchan in 2nd row. Again. Well, I guess it can’t be helped. The management can’t give her another hard time to coexist in Nogizaka and being a solo career. Being front member means that they have to attend most of the single promotion in most medias.
5. I laughed hard when Manatsu tripped over the podium. Well done :))
6. Seeing Maiyan’s smile in this senbatsu announcement is somehow reassuring.
Please don’t graduate before I see you in person
7. Momochan’s face emotion is…kind of scary. I mean, it’s different with the ones back then. It’s like, “Oh, no. Why me? Is it okay for me to be here? I can feel the Senpais’ weird tensions behind me…”
I think the management is pushing the 3rd gen a little bit too much. Like holding their solo concert, and even let NOGIBINGO!8 as their own TV show. Do they (management) even think about 2nd gen members feelings? Especially those members who never gets into senbatsu. So many wrath voices of 2nd gen fans out there. And I think it’s getting worse with this 18th single senbatsu announcement.
Well, I understand that the management is planning to draw some new fans or let the current fans to like these 3rd gen members so when their (fans’) oshimen graduates, they still have another favorite members from 3rd gen and stay support Nogizaka.
Am I right?
Indeed the 3rd gen members have so many potentials and as for their looks, they’re above average. But I’m not sure they will be the replacements when the time of Ikuchan/Maiyan’s graduation comes.
8. TBH, I was hoping that Mizuki will be a senbatsu member. But I knew it would be Yoda who stands alongside Momochan.
The management has to fulfill fans’ demands out there. Yes. Yoda already has a LOT of fans. It can’t be helped. Please do your best even if you’re not a senbatsu.
I think that’s all. I apologize if I said too much. I knew I shouldn’t say such things because I’m still new in Nogizaka fandom. But… I have the rights to speak out my thoughts, right? 🙂
Last but not least,
HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY, ACCHAN!! (Maeda Atsuko)
I still love you :*